Installation and use guide
1) Connect your headset to your computer
- Connect the data cable USB interface, DP interface and power adapter to the corresponding slot
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet
- Connect the data cable USB connector to the USB 2.0/3.0/3.1 port on your computer.
- Connect the data cable DP interface to the DP port on the discrete graphics card. Do not connect to the DP port on the motherboard.
- The connection between the equipment cable and the PC desktop is as shown in the figure below.
- After the device is properly connected, the screenshot of the PC is as follows.
- If the base station is not located, uncheck the Lighthouse Tracking in the PiTool settings.
2) PiTool Installation Notes
3) How to use SteamVR
- Open Steam official website, click to download and install the Steam program, as shown below
- After installing the Steam software, open Steam, click on the Library----Tools, find Steam VR, click Install.
- After installation, open SteamVR, the first time you need Steam VR room settings, click Run Room Setup first.
- Select standing only mode.
- Calibration space, when the head-mounted display is ready, click Next.
- To calibrate the ground, it is recommended that the helmet be placed facing the display and placed on the ground. Enter “0” and click Next to complete.
- The Steam VR interface displayed after the room setup is completed is as follows.
4) How to watch the video (without controllers and basestations)
- After opening Steam VR, right click Steam VR to find the running media player, click to run.
- Open into the Steam VR Media Player, you can find the video path you want to play through the left side of the interface, click on the video to play it.
- The built-in player has a rich play setting function, and the user can adjust the settings according to the requirements. The following is the function of the main interface of the play.
5) Recommended by other video players（without controllers and basestations）
NO.1 Simple VR Video Player （Need to start Steam VR)
- Move the mouse to the player and click it to become a red dot. The red dot uses the head movement control.
- Move the red dot to the head, click Menu, then find Files, then click Drives to select the path to play the video.
- There are various basic operations under the video and an interface to switch between 360-degree format, 180-degree format, 3D SBS (left and right format), and 3D OU (up and down format).
6) Steam VR game with keyboard/mouse support（without controllers and basestations）
Thank you for choosing Pimax product, wish you a happy life!